Naples Historical Society welcomes expressions of interest for our job openings. Please send your letter of introduction and resume to NHS@NaplesHistoricalSociety.org. Thank you for your consideration.
Property & Logistics Coordinator
Full-time Position: 40 hours per week
1. Researches new vendors, e.g., Audio Tours or A/C, etc.
2. Manages/evaluates all vendors (except cleaners) and serves as the Society’s primary contact for maintenance and secondary contact on capital improvements to HPC and 107
3. Performs routine maintenance where capable (e.g., door adjustment, pick up palm fronds, etc.)
4. Works with vendor to ensure hurricane protection is up/down when needed
5. Leads HPC Xmas decorations installation and take-down and courteously works with contractors
6. Administrative local travel: bank deposits, post office, hardware stores, Publix, etc.
7. Helps to Greet and/or supervise Xmas at PC when a volunteer or staff member is not available
8. Supervises and closes all rentals if Rental Coordinator is unavailable
9. Operates the company video camera for events* and takes photos as well (stills and video) and correctly utilizes the Society’s server for photo storage and retrieval
10. Responsible for implementing all Society event* logistics (daytime and evening) as requested, including closing HPC
11. Walk entire HPC and 107 properties, including perimeters and sidewalks, to check on damage and needed repairs or cleaning
12. Use of pressure washer and/or self-directed care of all Society properties
13. Lifting of up to 20 lbs. is required and use of a handcart to transport items from HPC to 107 will be required
14. Courtesy and kindness with volunteers are requirements, e.g., cushion help
15. Other tasks as assigned
Events: Member Mixer, CLTF, GSCC, Gala (tent, heaters, sound system, table placement), Donor Reception, Archival Donation Day, Brew, Clue, Croquet, New Season Reception, End of Season Party, Chamber Informational Session, Concierge Meetings, special events, and others as determined
Museum Coordinator, Saturdays
11:30am to 4:30pm, Year-round
Probationary Period: up to 3 Months
Rev. 8 March 2021
The Museum Coordinator holds a uniquely important part-time position with Naples Historical Society. This friendly professional is responsible for preparing Historic Palm Cottage™, Naples oldest house (1895), for tours on Saturdays throughout the year, including most holiday weekends. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
1. Open back gate, and close upon departure
2. Open both bathrooms for public use, ensuring paper products are in full sight
3. Prepare the Archival Viewing Center for visitors
4. Open and close Historic Palm Cottage properly, ensuring that it is safe for volunteers and visitors upon entry and safely protected at closing
–Open & Close Standard Operating Procedures will be provided
5. Offer an abundance of appreciation for ALL volunteers (they are unpaid)
6. Prepare the front reception area: cash box, books for resale, marketing literature
7. Greet and welcome ALL guests to Historic Palm Cottage with good cheer and by following company procedures
8. Ensure visitors are accounted for, organized for tours in an orderly manner
9. Explain and collect admissions
10. Operate the credit card machine, manage cash intake, process merchandise sales, and account for all revenue on the Daily Tour Report
11. Offer Membership and merchandise to every visitor pre- or post-tour
12. Encourage Trip Advisor postings
13. Can lift and carry up to 10 pounds
14. Other tasks as assigned
15. Enjoy and have fun!
Desired qualities include: friendly manner, retail-oriented, museum background ideal, public speaking, marketing savvy, calm under pressure, comfortable recording volume/revenue numbers and operating credit card machine, managing cash box, comfortable when busy or not, enjoys reading a book on the front porch of Naples’ oldest house. An “on call” list of staff members will be made available should the Museum Coordinator have questions of any sort on any Saturday.